Version 2.3: Last Modified on , October 21st 2022.
Please note that any content posted by you onto the Site or through email or SMS text communications related to reviews of our Services or our Clinical Partners, including but not limited to reviews, photos, or videos becomes published content and is publicly available for anyone in the world to view. Helped will display this content on the Site and may distribute it through other third-party sites and services in its sole discretion. Helped cannot control the actions of third parties who could collect this content.
Risk of sending unencrypted emails, texts, and messages
Electronic mail (email) and text messaging are forms of communication that may be utilized between you and Helped. We want to make sure you know that unencrypted email and text communications are not secure communications and your personal information could be intercepted by an unauthorized individual after it is sent.
Email and text communications may be accessible to clinical support staff as needed for our operations. Incoming email and text communications will be reviewed and answered as soon as possible. EMAIL COMMUNICATION SHOULD NEVER BE USED IN THE CASE OF AN EMERGENCY OR FOR URGENT REQUESTS FOR INFORMATION. We are not able to encrypt text messages.
Information Helped collects
Information Helped receives from you:
- You may provide us with your personal information when you voluntarily fill in forms on our Site. For example, you may provide us with your first and last name, telephone number, email address and desired treatment when you fill out a form to be connected with a Helped Clinical Partner.
- When, as a Helped Clinical Partner, you purchase paid products or services within the Site, you may provide us with your first and last name, email address and telephone number in order to process your payment. As explained below, we use a third party payment processor to process the payments on our behalf and we never have access to, store or collect a Helped Clinical Partner’s payment card details.
- You may also provide us with personal information through your participation in asking Helped Clinical Partners questions through email or text communications.
- You may also provide Helped with personal information in order to participate in various activities on the Site such as entering giveaways or sweepstakes, taking advantage of promotions, responding to surveys, subscribing to newsletters or other mailing lists or completing a form related to one of our products or services.
- You may also provide us with your personal information when you report a problem with our Site.
- From time to time, you may also provide Helped with your information if you submit reviews and comments via email, SMS, or web form (“User Contributions”). You understand that your User Contributions may be published or displayed on public areas of the Site.
Information Helped collects automatically:
- Cookies Information. When you visit the Site, we (and third parties with whom we partner) may send one or more cookies – a small text file containing a string of alphanumeric characters – to your computer that uniquely identifies your browser. The cookies may transmit information about you and your use of the Site such as your browser type, IP address, advertisement data and the date and time of your use of the Site.
- Log File Information. When you use the Site, our servers automatically record certain information that your web browser sends whenever you visit any website. These server logs may include information such as your web request, Internet Protocol (“IP”) address, browser type, browser language, referring/exit pages and URLs, platform type, number of clicks, domain names, landing pages, pages viewed and the order of those pages, the amount of time spent on particular pages and the date and time of your requests. Helped collects this information in order to improve the Site.
- Web Beacons. When you use the Site, we may employ third party web beacons or “clear gifs” which are used to track the online usage patterns of our users anonymously (i.e., in a non-personally-identifiable manner). In addition, we may also use web beacons in HTML-based emails sent to our users to track which emails are opened by recipients. Helped uses web beacons in order to measure the effectiveness of our offerings and content.
- Location Information and Device Information. When you access the Site from a mobile device or tablet, Helped may be able to collect your location information if this feature is enabled on your mobile device or tablet. In addition, if you are accessing the Site from your computer, then Helped may be able to collect your general location information from your IP address. Helped may use this information to provide you with a personalized user experience by showing you content relevant for your geographic location. If you are accessing the Site through a mobile device or tablet and you do not want to share your precise geolocation information with Helped, then you may be able to turn off this feature on your mobile device or tablet. Helped may also collect information it receives from your devices when you access the Site including: Device ID or unique identifier, device type, ID for advertising, and unique device token.
- Helped may also receive personal information about you from third parties, for example, our business partners and the Helped Clinical Partners.
Information Helped collects
Helped uses the information, including personal information, that we collect about you or that you provide to us for a range of different business purposes. We use your personal information to track usage of the Site, to market the Site, to improve the Site features and functionality, to backup our systems and to provide customer support. For our telehealth services, we use and disclose your PHI to provide you with care, to run our healthcare operations, to take payment (if applicable) and to comply with state and US federal regulations. Our legal basis for processing your personal information is to carry out our legal obligations, to fulfill a contract with you, to protect your vital interests, for our legitimate business interests, to provide you with notices, and for other purposes with your consent.
Information Helped collects automatically:
- – To provide our Site and its contents to you
- – To provide customer support, including responding to your requests and contacting you about the requests
- – To provide other services requested by you such as to connect you to other users or health care providers on the Site. If you send direct messages or electronic messages through Helped to other users, please note that Helped may store these messages in order to deliver them and allow you or the recipient of the message to manage them. When contacting you to connect you to health care providers on the Site, Helped may contact you via email, SMS/text messages or by telephone. Message and data rates may apply
- – To monitor the usage of our Site, improve the quality and design of the Site, and create new features, functionality, and services
- – To investigate illegal activities on the Site or activities that violate our Terms of Service
- – To detect, prevent and address technical issues, and improve the security of our Site
- – To validate the authenticity of and display the reviews and other content provided by you to other users
- – To gather analysis or valuable information so that we can improve our Site
- – To customize advertising you may see on our Site
- – To contact you by email in order to offer you special promotions or poll your opinions through surveys or questionnaires
- – To contact you by email or through your account to notify you of major Site changes
- – To measure the performance of email marketing campaigns
- – To allow you to participate in interactive features on our Site
- – To fulfill any other purposes for which you provide it
- Helped doctors use your phone number to send you messages and ask you questions about your medical history and pain issues, educate you on your options, and suggest treatment plans
- – We use your telephone number to call you if we have any questions, to leave you voice messages if you don’t answer the telephone when we call you, and to call you to ask for feedback on your experience of using the service. We also use your telephone number to send you SMS/text message notifications
- – To provide treatment and to run our healthcare operations and to take payment (if applicable) we may share your PHI with selected organizations that provide us with services.
- – As examples, we share your PHI with organizations that help us run and maintain the technology and security infrastructure that supports the Website and the care we provide. We also may share your health information with medical staff who help ensure that we are providing a service that meets the appropriate standard of care
- – We share your PHI and card details with our trusted online payment processors (if applicable). If you choose to save your payment details to make future payments easier, our trusted payment provider will store them on our behalf
- – We share your telephone number with the company that helps us send SMS/text messages. If we need to telephone you then we share your telephone number with our telecommunication provider
- – We store information you provide us with whether you complete a visit or whether you do not complete a visit. We take the same precautions over your data regardless of whether you complete a visit
- – We may use your PHI to tell you about health-related products and services.
- – We may share your PHI with a third party if we merge, are acquired or undergo an asset sale
- – Owing to federal and state privacy laws we are generally unable to delete information from your medical record. At your request we can de-activate your secure account so that you and others can no longer access it
Uses of Information that Helped Collects
Helped uses the information, including personal information, that we collect about you or that you provide to us for a range of different business purposes. We use your personal information to track usage of the Site, to market the Site, to improve the Site features and functionality, to back up our systems and to provide customer support.
Helped uses the personal information that we collect about you or that you provide to us:
- To provide our Site and its contents to you
- To provide customer support, including responding to your requests and contacting you about the requests
- When contacting you to connect you to Helped Clinical Partners on the Site, Helped may contact you via email, SMS/text messages or by telephone. Message and data rates may apply
- To monitor the usage of our Site, improve the quality and design of the Site, and create new features, functionality, and services
- To validate the authenticity of and display user reviews
- To customize advertising you may see on our Site
- To notify you of major Site changes
- To measure the performance of email marketing campaigns
- To communicate with you regarding our services
- Helped uses your phone number to send you messages and ask you questions about your medical history, discuss your potential treatment options, and suggest Helped Clinical Partners who may be able to offer you care
- We use your telephone number to call you if we have any questions, to leave you voice messages if you don’t answer the telephone when we call you, and to call you to ask for feedback on your experience of using the service. We also use your telephone number to send you SMS/text message notifications
- If we need to telephone you, then we share your telephone number with our telecommunication provider
- To send commercial or marketing messages
- To provide you with a personalized user experience by showing you content relevant for your geographic location
- To customize advertising you may see on third party websites
- To provide you with marketing from third parties
- For any other purpose, with your consent
- To run our operations
- To send inquiries to Helped Clinical Partners and ensure that we are providing a service that meets the appropriate standard of care
- To allow Helped Clinical Partners to schedule consultations and provide care to you
- We store information you provide us with whether you complete a visit or whether you do not complete a visit. We take the same precautions over your data regardless of whether you complete a visit
- We may use the information that you provide us to tell you about health-related products and services and remind you of upcoming visits or consultations
- We may share the information that you provide us with a third party if we merge, are acquired or undergo an asset sale
Note: To the degree Helped receives protected health information (“PHI”) from Helped Clinical Partners, such PHI is handled in accordance with the privacy and security requirements of the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (“HIPAA”).
When Helped Discloses Information
Third Party Service Providers
- We share anonymous aggregated user data (such as usage data, referring/exit pages and URLs, platform types, number of clicks, etc.) with interested third parties to assist them in understanding the usage patterns for certain content, services, advertisements, promotions, and/or functionality on the Site.
Fulfill your requests
We will use your personal information to fulfill the purpose for which you provide it. For example, if you submit your first and last name, email address, telephone number, treatment desired and questions or comments through a form on a specific Helped Clinical Partner’s web experience, then Helped will disclose this information to the health care provider identified on the form. In addition, if you submit your mobile phone number through this form, then you understand and consent to Helped and/or the Helped Clinical Partner sending you text messages. You understand that standard text messaging fees and data rates may apply. The information you provide through this form is not used by Helped for any other purpose.
If Helped Clinical Partners purchase paid products and services through the Site, the payment information is transmitted directly via an encrypted connection to our third-party payment processors. Helped uses Stripe to process payments, and Stripe stores Helped Clinical Partners’ personal and payment information in accordance with their respective privacy policies.
We do not share your personal information (such as name or email address) with other third-party companies for their commercial or marketing use without your consent or except as part of a specific program or feature for which you will have the ability to opt-in or opt-out.
Legal Requests and to Comply with State and Federal Laws
We may disclose personal information if such action is necessary to comply with a legal obligation, to comply with state and federal laws or to respond to a court order, subpoena, or search warrant. Helped may disclose any of your messages or other content as part of investigations related to compliance with any of these activities into the use and operation of the Site.
Helped also reserves the right to disclose personal information that Helped believes, in good faith, is appropriate or necessary to enforce our Terms of Service, take precautions against liability, to investigate and defend itself against any third-party claims or allegations, to protect the security or integrity of the Site, and to protect the vital interests, property, or personal safety of Helped, our users or others.
In the Event of Merger, Sale, or Bankruptcy
In the event that Helped is acquired by or merged with a third party entity, we reserve the right, in any of these circumstances, to transfer or assign the information we have collected from you as part of such merger, acquisition, sale, or other change of control. In the unlikely event of our bankruptcy, insolvency, reorganization, receivership, or assignment for the benefit of creditors, or the application of laws or equitable principles affecting creditors rights generally, we may not be able to control how your information is treated, transferred, or used.
Your Personal Information Choices
Helped strives to provide you with choices regarding the personal information you provide to us, and we understand that you have rights in your personal information such as the right to access, correct, delete, object to, and restrict the use of your personal information. We also understand that you have the right to obtain a copy of your personal information from us and to withdraw your consent of the processing of your personal information by us. We have created mechanisms to provide you with the following control over your personal information:
- You can choose not to provide personal information through our Site, in which case Helped may not be able to provide certain services to you or respond to your requests.
- You may send us an email at support@Tryhelped.com to request access to, correct, or delete any personal information that you have provided to us.
- If you do not wish to have your email address or other contact information used by us to promote our Site or other products or services, you can opt-out at any time by sending us an email stating your request to support@Tryhelped.com. If we have sent you a promotional email, you may unsubscribe to receive future emails via the unsubscribe link in that email.
- You may also request a copy of your personal information that you have provided to us directly by sending an email to support@Tryhelped.com. We will provide you a copy of your personal information in a commonly used electronic form.
- If you wish to know what personal information we hold about you, and if you want it to be removed from our systems, please contact us at support@Tryhelped.com.
In order to fulfill the above requests, Helped may ask you to verify your identity before responding to such requests. If you do not want us to use information that we collect or that you provide to us to deliver advertisements, for analytics or remarketing services, then you may opt-out as described below.
- Helped uses Google DoubleClick on the Site. Google’s use of the DoubleClick cookie enables it and its partners to serve ads to our users based on their visit to our Site or other websites on the internet. You may opt out of the use of the DoubleClick cookie for interest-based advertising by visiting the Google Ads settings web page at: https://adssettings.google.com/authenticated. You can also opt out of receiving targeted ads from members of the Network Advertising Initiative (“NAI”) on the NAI’s website: https://optout.networkadvertising.org/?c=1.
- Helped currently uses Google Ads, which is a marketing service provided by Google. You can opt-out of Google Analytics for Display Advertising and customize the Google Display Network ads by visiting the Google Ads settings page at: https://adssettings.google.com/authenticated In addition, Google also recommends installing the Google Analytics opt-out browser add-on for your web browser, which is available at: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout. This tool provides visitors with the ability to prevent their data from being collected and used by Google Analytics.
- Helped currently uses Facebook Ad Platform, which is a marketing service provided by Meta. You can control how Facebook uses data to serve ads to you by adjusting your preferences on https://www.facebook.com/help/568137493302217.
Our Commitment to Data Security
Helped uses commercially reasonable physical, managerial, and technical safeguards to preserve the integrity and security of your personal information. We cannot, however, ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to the Site and you do so at your own risk. Once we receive your information, Helped makes commercially reasonable efforts to ensure the security of your information. However, please note that this is not a guarantee that such information may not be accessed, disclosed, altered, or destroyed by breach of any of our physical, technical, or managerial safeguards.
If Helped learns of a security systems breach, then we may attempt to notify you electronically so that you can take appropriate protective steps. Helped may post a notice on the Site if a security breach occurs. Depending on where you live, you may have a legal right to receive notice of a security breach in writing. To receive a written notice of a security breach (or to withdraw your consent from receiving electronic notice) you should notify us by email at support@Tryhelped.com.
Protecting the privacy of children is important to Helped. For that reason, Helped does not knowingly collect or maintain personal information from persons under 18 years of age, and no part of the Site is directed to persons under 18. If you are under 18 years of age, then please do not use or access the Site at any time or in any manner. If Helped learns that personal information of persons under 18 years of age has been collected without verified parental consent, then Helped will take the appropriate steps to delete this information.
Visiting Tryhelped.com from outside the United States
Retention of Personal Information
Call Monitoring and Recording
Telephone calls to or from Helped may be recorded and monitored by us. Helped records and monitors telephone calls for user support services and for staff training purposes. Helped retains the recordings for a reasonable period of time in order to fulfill the purpose for which the telephone calls were recorded and then the recordings are deleted.
Links to Other Sites
How You Can Contact Us